QuickBooks Error 6210 is the most common error and this may occur due to a troublesome and infected computer. It can disturb your working flow when a message pops up on your computer screen. To resolve QuickBooks Error 6210, you have to update your computer and clean junk files regularly.
Now, you have already received the message, so we are here to help you to resolve this error step by step. Follow all the below-mentioned methods correctly to resolve error 6210.
Firstly, you have to know about the error message when QuickBooks Error 6210 accrue then this message pops up on your screen:-
“We are sorry. QuickBooks encountered a problem when opening the company file. Review this help article on QuickBooks support site to resolve the issue. Error code: (6210,0)”.
Some operating systems face QuickBooks Error 6210.
- Window 7.
- Window 8.
- Window 10.
- Window 2000.
- Window XP.
- Window ME.
- Window Vista.
Resolve QuickBooks Error 6210
There are some methods to resolve errors and implement easy steps to get rid of QuickBooks Error 6210:-
Method 1- Rename .ND and .TLG
- Go to the folder which has the QuickBooks installation directory and open it.
- Arrange the network data and transaction file.
- Click on the .ND file and rename it.
- Add .OLD at the end of every file.
- Follow the same steps to rename the .TLG file.
- Now, create a new folder and move QuickBooks files to there.
- Open QuickBooks and the company file from the newly created folder.
Method 2- Download QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- Press Ctrl+J to download the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- Click on the QuickBooksToolsHub.exe.
- Now, install this app and accept all the license agreements.
- Click on the finish after the app is installed.
- Open the QuickBooks tool hub. And under the company file issues run the QuickBooks file doctor.
Method 3- QuickBooks Desktop Update
- Firstly, open the QuickBooks desktop.
- Go to the help page and choose the option QuickBooks desktop.
- Click on the update now.
- Select the reset updates and click on get updates.
- Now, after the update, close the QuickBooks.
Method 4- Copy Company File To Desktop
- Firstly, click the right button on the desktop and go to the new folder option.
- Go to the current company file location.
- On the company file, click the right
- and then click on copy.
- Open a new folder and click on paste.
- Press the Ctrl key until the No company open window appears.
- Select the open a company file and then click on next.
- Then, in the new folder browse the desktop copies file.
Method 5- download QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Press the ctrl+J key to download the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Under the list click on the QuickBooksToolsHub.exe.
- Allow the app to make a change by clicking on yes.
- Install the app and tap on yes to accept the license agreement.
- Click finish, and open the tool hub program.
- The next process is to under the network issue tap on QuickBooks database server manager.
Scanning the Location Of Company File
- Go to the scan folder.
- Click on the browser and check the folder which stores the company file.
- Lastly, tap on the start scan.
Method 6- Install QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
- Uninstall the QuickBooks system
- Use QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
- Reinstall the QuickBooks software
Step 1- Uninstall The QuickBooks System
- Click on the Window+R key to open the Run and type control panel in the search bar.
- Go to program and features and click on uninstall a program.
- Click on the QuickBooks Desktop and then tap on uninstall, now follow the instruction on the screen.
Step 2- Use QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
- From the official website of intuit download the QuickBooks Tools Hub.
- Go to the file downloaded and follow the installation instruction.
- Click on the ‘I Agree’ button and Now, you can open the app from the desktop.
- After clicking on the installation issue then tap on the clean install tool.
- Select the version of your previous computer.
- When you receive ‘Please Install your copy of QuickBooks to the default location’ then tap on ok.
Step 3- Reinstall The QuickBooks Software
- Insert the QuickBooks Installation CD after that follows all the instructions.
- When the software is installed then type product and license number to copy the system.
- To get complete, follow the instructions which appear on the screen.
Method 7- Resolve manually
- Click on start then enter the command on the search bar.
- Press and hold the ctrl+shift key.
- On-screen you will see a permission dialog box.
- After that, a black box with a blinking cursor will appear.
- Type Regedit on it and enter the key.
- In the registry editor choose the error key.
- To save the QuickBooks backup key click on the folder.
- Now, fill in the name of backup files.
- Make sure that the branch is ticked on the export box.
- Click save and save it with the .reg file extension.
- Take the backup of QuickBooks associated registry entry.
I hope this article ‘Resolve QuickBooks Error 6210’ will be useful for you and we hope that you followed all the steps correctly to fix this error from your computer. If there is any other issue that will occur then visit our other article to solve the errors.